Thursday 26 April 2012

The world food championships

I was going to call the post, 'A change of calendar', but it was boring and made me sound like a complete dickhead so I changed it. I always planned to give myself some time to catch up with my writing after the Hamburg trip. I had a wonderful in Germany but, at this point, I have not finished the Serbian chapter and as such not even started the 'search for currywurst' section. I am a kick in the arse off finishing the afore-mentioned chapter but have been forced to rethink the future 'sausage trail' events. May and June have the 'pig in a day' course and the 'sausage competition' at Windsor racecourse respectively but the months after that are a bit confused.

July is free now as the Metros to Murmansk rally is not happening due to the commitment to the French project but I should be able to fit in a sausage trail event. August is the potentially weird 'La Pourcailhade' pig competition in Trie-sur-Baise in South-West but September is a bit light. October is going to be very busy as the Bekescsaba festival in Hungary, towards the end of the month, is very quickly followed by my new focus of attention, the 'World Food Championships' in Las Vegas. At this point the jury is still out as to whether or not I am going to commit to this as I am not sure whether or not the US have the same level of commitment to sausages as the rest of the civilised world. I have emailed the organisers but don't hold out much hope for a reply. It would be a great final chapter for the book and climax to the journey and a great conclusion.

If anyone does actually read this please forward any suggestions for a July and September sausage based activity to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment