Friday 27 April 2012

Hamburg revisited

At last I have completed the first draft for the Serbian chapter of the sausage trail. I love going back through photos and notes as I write it generates some new thoughts and resurrects memories. I loved Serbia and if I have anything to say about it will be returning as soon as I can. Completing this chapter means that I can, at last, move on to the section regarding the Currywurst and the time I spent with me old mate Matt in Hamburg. Looking at the notes I took and the scribbles I made I realised that I may have stumbled into a method of writing that works for me, indeed if I manage to generate a vaguely representative few thousand words on my time in the Northern German city then I may actually be onto something. I'll know in the next few days, wish me luck.

On an almost identical note, I have been, once more, been reviewing the plans for the remainder of the sausage trail and, predictably come up with a few alternatives to those I have mentioned recently.

There is a US based sausage website that I am sure I have visited in the past but has either been inactive or very short of content. This seems to hold a great deal of expertise on the sausage role in America (see what I did there?) I am hoping that Kent, the editor, will get back to me with some ideas and suggestions soon. I have also committed to the Italy trip; a visit to the birthplace of the modern sausage, Lucanian. I will be taking my favourite travel companion, well one of them anyway, to Pompeii and Hurculaneum to explore the Roman origins of fast food in general and the sausage in particular.

The future's bright, the future's a 'kin sausage.

No comments:

Post a Comment