Tuesday 6 November 2012

Still awake, jet-lagged and awaiting a curry

Stupidly after landing I drove straight to work. The flight was as good, or as bad, as any economy long-haul flight could be expected to be. I had, fortuitously, landed myself in an aisle seat, great for a large bloke with dodgy knees. My two travelling buddies turned up, young twenty-something female types, both carrying shopping bags containing two pairs of Ugg boots. I must admit that my assumptions towards their superficial and shallow leanings were unfounded as they both remained quiet and respectful throughout the journey. I did become irritated a few times when they visited the toilet, as a couple, but I realised that they were probably trying to minimise disruption to me.

I watched a couple of movies, Batman; The Dark Knight Rises, again, just as good the second time but without the trepidation of a rogue gunman in the cinema when the bullets began flying. The second, which I managed to sandwich in between the shabby excuse for breakfast and the entertainment system cutoff, was the new Aardman flick, Pirates. This was possibly the best film I have seen in years, great comedy, soundtrack and story, WATCH IT!

The usual ignorance ensued as we disembarked, the first to leave the aircraft seems to be as important as how early it is boarded, all pathetic and nonsense but it earns money for the airline companies irrespective of how hideously insane it may be. I will not bore or bring down the atmos with a description of mobile phone messages, fuel consumption nor the speed of my journey back to JOakhanger.

My time at the establishment of much mirth and consternation was thankfully short, especially as I did lose my temper a tad and left.

I am now writing this, a bit tired, watching Aardmans Pirates, again, and drinking Champagne. The celebration of the end of the Sausage Trail was to be a rather cheerful affair but, a certain female member of my family ensured that this was not the case.

No matter. I will post the Vegas conclusions and thoughts.

1 comment: