Wednesday 7 November 2012

The Sausage Trail, a reflection, well a small one anyway

As previously mentioned, now that the sausage trail is finally over the hard work of constructing a coherent book arises.

Once again, as it was when my journey began, it's British Sausage week, which I will celebrate before the final date of the 11th of November. From the Shetlands to Vegas my journey has created contacts with many, for whom, the humble sausage holds more than just a passing fascination. Along the way  I met up with old friends and made new ones, I found myself thrown into the limelight and travelling in complete isolation. There were disappointments, surprises and revelations. When I am asked 'was it worth it?' I have to say that it most certainly was, I have learned a great deal and met some fascinating new people and seen a new side to old acquaintances.

I aim to have the book finished by March with the first three chapters in a suitable form for my agent by Christmas. This will give me a publication date of June/July 2013. This coincides nicely with the start of the serious training period for the trip to Everest base camp, best fund-raising trousers at the short trail.

Not one to stand idle, the next book is in discussion. This time I will be forming a writing partnership with my wife Charlotte. We will be writing under the combined, using her christian name and my surname we will be writing under the name of 'Charlotte Gledson' (As ridiculous as this approach sounds it how Nikki French describes her writing partnership). Seriously though, we are planning something. There are a few ideas, one of which is to visit some of the most sinister deserted towns in the world. More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment