Tuesday 1 May 2012

Motivational issues

There was a time when I found the issue of motivation and subsequently the ability to write incredibly difficult. This was at a time when I was concentrating solely on fiction and as such without the means to stimulate my imagination I was at a loss. However, since I found a new direction and genre my muse has improved somewhat and I can write freely, well to  a certain extent. It is to those that I visit that I owe a great deal, the Barbara's and Marijana's and Matt's of this world that somehow find it in their heart to believe in my quest. I have, as mentioned a few days ago, managed to finally complete the Serbian chapter, or section, of the sausage trail and that in itself has given me a great boost. Now that I have started the Hamburg section I feel so much more positive and able to see the end of this odyssey somewhere in the distant future.

There have been a few, very real, positive lurches to my momentum today, not least the possibility of visiting the World Food Championships in Las Vegas, as mentioned in my last blog. Today, though, the organisers have been in touch and suggested that there may a possibility of my attendance in a more formal role. I won't say any more as it probably will not come to pass but as a climax and conclusion of the book it would be immense. The suggestion, from me, was that as the BBQ scene in the UK is, to be fair, a bit shit, a visit to the more developed and mature BBQ USA would provide so much more. Not only would I get an insight to grilling and smoking but also I would have the opportunity to write a fantastic chapter on the search for sausages and the whole BBQ culture and community in the US. Excited.

At the same time I am looking to getting the next few chapters/sections into an appropriate state. My 'pig in a day', course is imminent and beyond my control. The racing day at Windsor has been augmented with the inclusion of the irrepressible Monsieur A. Briggs, not sure if we can, perhaps hang on on for a few beers etc. but it would be great. After that, LA Pourcailade in France, the Lucanian quest to Pompeii, Bekescsaba in Hungary and finally the finale in the US are all taking shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment