Tuesday 21 August 2012

Black Arses

Following my non-attendance at La Pouchailade at Trie-sur-baise, for reasons stated in an earlier post mainly to do with the fact it's been covered before and as such not the unique angle I'm after for the French chapter of the book. So, back to square one and with time in short supply. I still have to sort out Hungary, the crazy Hungarians are still not answering my emails by the way, and Vegas, not sure what is happening with that at the moment. The re-write is also currently not happening (can something not happening be termed current?) purely down to my inactivity and lack of motivation.

The plan for the real French trip is to return at the end of September to experience the delights of the col-de-noir. There are, evidently, restaurants in the general area of St. Yrieix la Perche that serve traditional dishes exclusively made from the black arsed pig. Following this I aim to find a farmer from whom I purchase some choice cuts, sufficient to make some sausages, and to use my newly endowed butchering skills attained from my River Cottage course. This means I will have to take my mincer/sausage making machine on the flight, great if I get stopped at customs.


No comments:

Post a Comment