Friday 24 August 2012

Prince Harry and the Vegas adventure

When I first heard about Prince Harry being photographed naked I must admit that I was a little surprised that he should have allowed himself to get caught in such a compromising situation.  Then I thought 'ah well, he's only 27, single and in Vegas'. Then, when I heard more from the media, on a TV breakfast show I think, I learned that not only was he in his hotel room but that the photos had been taken by one of his so called friends, I actually shouted at the TV (an action generally performed by the old and terminally hard of thinking). On the face of it the argument seemed to be that a Prince of the realm had let the side down by his thoughtless actions. I'm not a great Royalist but being fair to the lad, who has served in Iraq and Afghanistan don't forget, he's single, wealthy and he was in Las Vegas in his hotel room, so basically why should anyone give a flying fudge. If there is any reaction it probably stems from jealousy, imagine: 'Me, HRH PRince Harry of Wales, here in Vegas, playing strip snooker, with my reputation? Well, do I go for the tight brown or the loose pink? Bang on!

It's not his actions that I object to but the media, once again with their pathetic 'non news' approach to this. The greatest irony for me is that a majority of the coverage, at least until The Sun (Lord Leveson is still deliberating you idiots) ignored the pleas from Saint James' Palace to not publish the photos, took the approach to decry other media organisations for promoting the pictures thus raising the profile of the  event and perpetuating a non-story. For f's sake, there's enough proper news at the moment. Let's face it we are controlled, brain-washed and directed by the media and the faceless psychopaths that lurk behind the top jobs in these organisations.

Final message to the media in general and the press in particular: piss off and cover a real story, leave the lad alone, tossers.

No comments:

Post a Comment