Wednesday 7 September 2011

Sausages at the roof of the world...well nearly

Delaying the trip to Mongolia raised the possibility of delaying the sausage trail project. I know I have mentioned that the Murmansk trip will form part the of the sausage trail but to be honest I didn't hold out much hope that the Nordic states and Russia would have much in the way of sausage related festivities, but then after a little light sausage research I found that polse, vorst, korv, makkara, mustamkkara, siskonmakkara and that's just the Scandanavian offerings. Still to research the Russian sausages but hold out more hope that the trail now has a northern path, at least the first two-thirds of the trip anyway.

It's the Rally launch party on Saturday, in Devon, in Bradninch village. the temptation was to log on to Simply Hike or even Amazon and buy all of the kit required for next years trip and try it out in Devon. That is my downfall every time, buy too soon and too much. I honestly believe that if I had left the equipment selection to Tony we would have ended up with a more functional, yet smaller, set of equipment, capable of everything from fording a raging river in flash flood to creating a time vortex to remove us (in an emergency) to 12th century Northern Wallachia. I did, however, resist this compulsion and dug around the equipment I had bought for the Timbuktu trip. Tents, air-beds, cookers and sleeping bags were all stashed in a cupboard deemed too cumbersome or old. We'll take those and will be more comfortable for it.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment