Tuesday 3 July 2012

Rewrite about to start on The Sausage Trail

Following feedback from some rather informed and professional people, as well as finally listening to the responses from those rather closer to me, I have realised that the current draft of 'The Sausage Trail',  is a bit shit. With this in mind I have accepted that I need to re-think the whole approach and start from scratch, no issue, and I can induce more humour and reduce more boredom.

Apart from that, there are a lot of other issues right now. The rewrite aside Will and I are off back to The Shetland Islands to try our hand at snorkelling, which will provided a short break in the work schedule and give me some time to relax before the French stage of 'The Sausage Trail'.

The book is going reasonably well, that is to say I have a firm idea on how to proceed with a new approach and will persevere. The end is in sight, well I now have all of the events and festivals organised and booked. I feel that it is time to approach agents properly and perhaps publishers. Beyond that I am already planning my next challenge and related book. The plan is to take a year to learn to sail, fly, dive and ride at the end of which I will pick the one of which I hold the most aptitude and challenge myself in the extreme.

No comments:

Post a Comment