Wednesday 7 August 2013

I finally know about the job and, I...

will tell you later. In the meantime, and I apologise in advance, you'll have to endure some nonsense and ranting.

Today I have mostly been waiting by the phone and following up some enquiries. The best of these was a discussion with a fantastic character who is involved with presenting our solution to some huge film production companies (seriously think of the biggest and you're there). We are hurtling towards the final obstacle, the demo, successful and we're in. The same can be said for our offering to the news corps, we have the endorsement of the preferred encoder manufacturer and just need to prove ourselves. It was always my firm suspicion that with all of the belief and drive inherent in the company we would not only succeed, but it would all happen at the same time, which it is. Very soon we will be in the position, the polar opposite of recent times, where we have more business than we can deal with. Which would be nice.

And now the announcement:

I heard from the agency today and I... Have you noticed that ITV early morning TV is shite, probably, but the manner with which they trivialise urgent and salient global issues is sickening. For example Lorraine, what a great steaming pile of putrid rhino poo, (imagine a mild Scottish accent please).

'The political situation in Egypt has reached crisis point, violent protests, unrest and military oppression are rife. But what are they wearing? I didn't see a fez anywhere and where have all the camels gone.'

OR (imagine the same accent please)

'The fire at Nairobi airport has stranded thousands and caused a real security nightmare. Do suitcases need to be smoke resistant, will they tarnish and look awful? We'll talk to some overweight woman who owns an orange bag later but nex,t a gay bloke talking about films.'

For the past ten weeks I have been trying my utmost to fill my days with Cerberus and putting in a full working day. More to avoid daytime TV rather than maintaining my dignity and giving us the highest chance of success, Lorraine, Jeremy Kyle and This Morning should be forcible napalmed live on-air. Today, while I was waiting for that phone call I spent some time seeking a motivating factor. Emma doesn't understand this in me, but, I like to aim for a point in the future where I will be doing something I really want to do, plan it and use that to motivate me to do the daily shit I may not like. So, this morning I planned two things; first a family holiday to Barbados and second taking Chris and I (in a non-gay way) off to see Jimmy Buffett on his latest tour. Those planned I had a focus and successfully did the stuff I had been putting off. I like this approach but Emma does not, she prefers for me to focus on paying bills, feeding and clothing the children, that level of trivia. My approach is more realistic I think.

Right. No more daytime TV for me from next Wednesday, I got the job. I am so buoyed by the support from everyone who reads my nonsense and has called, texted or emailed, you're all instrumental in my not losing heart. Please rest assured that when it is all running well I will throw the biggest and best party ever with dwarfs, strippers, tattooists, clowns and of course karaoke, you're all invited.

Today's photo is Darth Vader taking a shit:


No comments:

Post a Comment