Monday 5 August 2013

School holidays

It amazes me that during the school summer holidays the roads are so empty in the morning. It's amazing how many under eights must need a lift in the morning, let's face it there are so many SUVs around at infant, junior and primary schools during term time that the poor kids must welcome a few weeks exercising their poor, underused legs. Looking at the catchment areas for these schools, which is at the most, in residential areas such as Gosport, a few hundred metres in radius, where does the perceived need to drive a fucking Mitsubishi Pajero the paltry distance to the traffic choked, single track road that serves the staff car park, escapes me. I even made the point of racing Sam, who was giving Emma a lift to Ed's assembly. I was standing, waiting at the entrance to reception as they drove past searching for that elusive parking space; we're even outside of the catchment area and I had to walk an extra fifty metres or so.

That aside, I have my second interview with Arqiva (which I have heard is Macedonian for 'ladies bits') at their facility near High Wycombe. I have mixed feelings about this opportunity; on the one hand I need an income sometime very,very soon but, on the other, I will most likely need to work away from home in the early days just to keep costs as low as possible. Not the end of the world as it's not at the end of the world just a mere 100 miles or so but without a car I haven't the luxury of the four hour round trip as an option. I reckon, with other factors, I could be back on track within six to eight weeks. I will, however, have the time to write more often, perhaps kick off my stand up career again and forge ahead with Cerberus. Little consolation when I can't share this with Emma and the monkeys but, needs must when Santa vomits in your kettle (cheers Edmund, nearly). This is all still academic as I have yet to secure the post, I hope I do as I feel I can make a mark at Arqiva and really move things along for them.

Off for an early night as I need to be up and doing by 0530 tomorrow.

Today we have a surfing Monk:




No comments:

Post a Comment