Friday 2 August 2013

Next week, it all happens. The culmination of good and bad.

It's been an odd week. Loads of shitty letters from the bank and loads of associated worry, stress and strain for both Emma and me, but also plenty of positive news for Cerberus, Satcom that is as I will be forced now to wind up Cerberus Technical Consultancy as soon as possible. Not to worry it was an education. When I was discussion this with the bank last week the 'business advisor' actually suggested that I talk to my accountant to ensure that I don't experience the same personal issues again. I did point out that we've almost run out of parents and will try to stop being so careless in future. With this in mind next week is as much about damage limitation as anything but the relentless momentum on other fronts is starting to pay off.

I have an interview with Arqiva at Chalfont on Tuesday, a satellite project management role which, although very interesting and involved will entail working away from home. I can't really complain as I have experienced an extended period when I managed to get home almost every night, well, apart from the times I spent with my friends at the local bus station drinking white lightning substitute and begging for change. Up until I started on Skynet 5 my focus was exactly that, to stop working and living away from home. The Navy and the time spent in French Guiana was more than enough time away from home but a few weeks/months in digs during the week ti bring us back onto a financial even keel won't be too bad.

The interview aside we performed a highly successful demo yesterday with Adtec, M & J Communications and us, from which there will be a nice, cosy press release from Adtec singing our praises. News corps from next week, so if we get just one or two we are running.

No comments:

Post a Comment