Tuesday 8 May 2012

Pirate Badgers, editing and France

Started my training regime tonight, not much at the moment but I will build on it. I realise that the Everest hike is many months away, sixteen to be exact, but as I am a rather unfit specimen, a damn site worse than Will, who will accompany me, I thought that I'd better start right away. So, I grabbed a backpack, filled it with books donned my boots and paced out a quick couple of miles. It's the first real exercise I've done for a while and certainly the first realistic approach for years. Sure, I've tried to prove I still have it in me to crack on a finish a decent walk, like the Wansdyke last year. I am fooling myself, last year I was ruined for days after a mere ten miles. That's why I will endeavour to build up properly this time, there is a structured training programme, no count geared up for an old huffer and puffer like me.

Ems has been lumbered with a monumental editing job. After trusting a colleague to get a very promising work into a state to upload to Kindle she has been let down badly meaning the she has to start from scratch. I have tried to help but I am a very poor instructor with no patience whatsoever and as such Emma has been doubly lumbered and for that I am sorry. There seems to be an assumption amongst the writing community and especially those who have an idea about basic formatting that it is sufficient to merely upload an MS word document directly to Amazon as a Kindle publication. All I can say is that but a professional Kindle book, anything through Random House and compare. On the subject of editing, I have completed the read through of the first Shetland chapter and will be seriously approaching a couple of other agents from tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

France again this weekend and a more advanced set of targets to get the give to a rentable standard. This time we will focussing on the pool and patching up the damage we caused last time.

Loads to do, more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment