Thursday 17 May 2012

River Cottage. Sausages any good?

Just a short post to express my opinion on the output of the 'Pig in a day' course at River Cottage HQ (Park Farm). I was so impressed at the course I suppose my disappointment at the sausages they left us with is compounded immensely. Let me explain.

First of all the course entailed the creation of both a traditional sausage and a chorizo, using River Cottage recipes. I have no idea about the traditional sausage as I was given a pair of chorizo. I have not had such an overpowering taste of aniseed in anything, (maybe Pastis in France), the fennel was too much I'm afraid. Of all paprika based, garlic sausages I have tried (especially of the fresh un-cured variety) the crazy Hungarians at Kobasicijada hold the gold cup.

Serbia - 1, England (River Cottage) - 0

No comments:

Post a Comment