Wednesday 16 May 2012

Standing by for the River Cottage experience

After a rather sedentary six weeks or so since my visit to Hamburg the sausage trail has taken off once more with my long awaited 'pig in a day' course at The River Cottage cookery school in Devon. I had given myself a fair bit of time to catch up with writing after returning from the immensely successful trip to Germany, but with the developments with Vegas and the TV show proposal I have found very little time to catch up. Not to worry though as being one episode behind the curve appears to be my best motivating factor.

Very good news on the Black Hound front, well good news only as Emma has been diligent and has endeavoured to keep the idea alive. After many nights with very little sleep Emma has almost completed a fantastic task and the brilliant 'Tiny Terrors' collection by Robert C. Eccles, will be available on Amazon from Friday. I am so proud of both Emma, for her approach and belief and also that she has kept Black Hound alive.

As mentioned earlier, tomorrow I will be attending the 'pig in a day' course, which will, hopefully, instruct me in the practicalities of pork in general and sausages in particular. So far I have taken a relaxing drive to the West country to a wonderful B & B with the tremendous name of 'Hedgehog Corner'. I have pre-ordered a full english brekky and finished the sherry left in my room, what a great idea.

The pub up the road offered up a lovely Pork escalope with West Country sauce, or a slice of breaded pig in cider; marvellous.

Time for an early night, run out of sherry.

2 comments:

  1. It is the formatting and conversion for Kindle that was/is proving difficult, but I'm getting there whoop! lol Anyway hear back from your agents yet? Fancy having 3 agents wanting your book - good on ya! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... oh enjoy the pigs! Curry tonight? Safe journey home ;)

    ReplyDelete