Monday 25 June 2012

Don't really feel like blogging tonight

My blog yesterday was intended to explain my intended future plans but as I didn't end up finishing the thing I posted anyway with the aim to complete the text today. This morning however a few things happened that ensured that any motivation I may have had lurking in reserve faded like morning mist. First of all the text and synopsis of 'The Sausage Trail' I submitted to a few agents was categorically brushed aside, with the added advice that I continue blogging and maybe, in time, self-publish when I had an audience. Fair enough, I realise that any agent view submitted work entirely on commercial considerations and as such a no-name writer pushing a rather off-kilter idea is more than a little risky. Still, it's only the opinion and view of one, and I must say very helpful and honest, agent. I realise now that it is probably better to pitch an idea prior to committing and, more importantly, paying for it.

The second, rather depressing, thing that happened today was that the situation with the boys came to a head. It's decision time for Sam and Will, I hope that they make the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment