Sunday 24 June 2012

The Sausage Trail, next year and beyond

After the contact from the C4 production team concerning my need to challenge myself and the subsequent phone call and interview, I began to question my motives and goals. It does sometimes take an outsider to make you realise that your ideals are a bit mental.

That said, I still aim to forge ahead and attempt to achieve, achieve what? That was the main question from Lisa, the production researcher. Why do I drive myself in the way I do? What am I doing and what am I planning to do?

There's no point in going over past events, successes or failures, as I feel that they are covered in previous posts so I will focus on the current, and future, aims, goals and plans.

Next year was planned to see Will and I travelling to Mongolia on a pair or Honda Cub 90 step-throughs. This was taken back a year from this summer due to the difficulties experienced in getting Will his visas across central Asia, mainly the 'Stans, before he was 18years old. I accepted and understood this and moved onto a different plan. Slipping plans by a year or even a few months upsets me, but sometimes it is not only inevitable but necessary and often leads to a more comfortable itinerary.

I like to think of myself as an adventurous individual and as such try to challenge myself as often as I can. With this in mind I sign up to as many organised challenges as I feel is appropriate, but, and this is the crux, I often fail to deliver. This is often down to external influences, but, once again this is important, I really want to complete these tasks, often for charity. This has made me realise that I need to not only prioritise, but also to cherry pick the right events and excursions.

This year I am, of course. concentrating on the book, 'The Sausage Trail', but what next?

Well, next year Will and I are signed up for the trek to Everest base camp. I know that this is a little over-subscribed and has very little kudos and impact but it is a great place for Will to begin his in rush to the charity world and to hopefully broaden his horizons.

The England vs Italy game is beginning so I will finish later...

No comments:

Post a Comment