Wednesday 20 June 2012

Rain, rash and reading

It looks as though this weekend is going to be a washout, again. The Isle of Wight festival looms and Stokes Bay is beginning to fill up with tents and tents and tents. The rain will come and Gosport will be full of miserable festival attendees, 'kin great. It also means that there will be little cheer in staying at home watching the rain stream down the windows as I finish my accounts, sounds great.

It's not as though I could even go for a walk as my bits and pieces are pretty scarred and painful following the walk last Saturday. In fact the rather unsightly welts require frequent attention, my extreme nappy rash has been plastered with Sudocrem (sp?) and I now feel a little more comfortable.

I have just finished reading Mark Chopper Read's book, 'Road to Nowhere', and loved it. Whatever the opinion of critics and the morally judgmental I honestly believe that it has a spark of genius, a sight of the future. Let me explain. I honestly believe that in this technologically aware age there is no excuse for not recording our experiences. Chopper has written a number of semi-autobiographical books which  focus on a world of which many of us have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment