Thursday 21 June 2012

Places wot I nevver visitid

Spelling aside, the title is definitely worth attention. When I initially thought about 'The Sausage Trail', the locations and events I considered, seemed logical, sensible and realistic. Now that I have actually embarked on the porky sojourn the original plans have shifted and changed drastically. There have been many countries that I would have wanted to visit but without the right background, knowledge, research or motivation there was very little chance that would happen. The initial idea was that I would be attending an event or festival or at least once a month, at the time of planning this seemed achievable and simple. After the first couple of trips, however it became evident that my initial idea and itinerary was not realistic at all. Not only would I not be able to visit the events and countries I had planned to but any additional, extra dates and venues would also not be possible.

It appears, that a second round of 'The Sausage Trail' is required to take in those places I missed in my first attempt. Places like: Poland, Norway, Iceland, Canada, South Africa, and that's without looking to the far east.

Sausage Trail II is already in the planning stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment