Tuesday 2 October 2012

The Sausage Trail - stupid fingers, be more funny!

It's been some time since I actively travelled in the name of the sausage trail and have not, of course, used the time to collate my thoughts, notes and get the bloody thing written. In time honoured tradition I have looked to occupy my time with anything other that writing the book. When Dom Joly was writing his latest book, Scary Monsters ad Super Creeps, he often posted on his face-book page where he was and whether he was writing or not. After some time it became apparent to me that his diligence and tenacity to get thing written was not only admirable but a necessity. Still, in my defence  I must say that there are still 2 trips left, from which I will need to decide the angle and approach needed for the book. I have already been informed by a very helpful literary agent that a basic travelogue from an unknown scribbler such as myself is not likely to generate any interest and as such humour is the only way forward.

So! After Hungary and Vegas it's best writing trousers on and time for my fingers to be more funny (as the blog title suggests). The Sausage Trail journey ends in a little over a month but then the hard work begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment