Thursday 12 May 2011

Bikes and stuff


No post yesterday as I was off to pick up the Cub....


But of course I couldn't ride it until I had completed my CBT, which I did today. So this evening I bought some insurance online, ninety quid for the year, and went for a little ping around Gosport.



I think I'm getting used to it but it's starting to dawn on me that riding this for eight thousand miles is going to present a damn site more problems than I first thought. Logistically, in order to be able to carry enough kit we need a team of more than the three or four I first envisaged. I think that four or five is a more realistic estimate and as such will be looking for the intrepid and courageous souls who fit the bill (any takers?)

I will be continuing with motorcycle lessons in order to pass my test as soon as possible. Sam will be booked in for his CBT shortly as he will be able to use the Cub in the meantime, provided he is careful, and I will attempt to keep it maintained and prepare the beast for the upcoming challenge.

More later.





No comments:

Post a Comment