Sunday 15 May 2011

The living space


I didn't get a chance to pitch the new tent yesterday, distracted as I became, but I did manage to do so today. Oh, and potentially good news, a similarly enthusiastic group are planning to leave for Mongolia, on Cub 90s, next year. Fingers crossed, I hope we can roll along in convoy. Back to the tent. Reading the reviews on the Coleman 2-man expedition thing was a bad idea and it was with a certain degree of trepidation and curiosity that I unpacked the green bag a few minutes ago. To summarise:

Good points, five minutes to erect (hahaha he said erect) and five minutes to stow, Packs into itself and weighs no more than a small donner kebab.

Bad points, Frodo and Sam would be a bit cosy in this. Bill and I will just about fit if we don't move a muscle, no room for kit at all.



To make this work I aim to park the bikes either end of the tent and secure a tarp between them. Extra cover and camouflage. Will be trying this out on the way to Greece.

No comments:

Post a Comment