Wednesday 18 May 2011

Travelling light (or lighter)

Today I attached my map of Europe to a wall at work and drew a straight line from Calais to Istanbul. My first impression was, 'That's not straight', then I thought how far it was. I have driven to Prague and back including a stint from Prague to Amsterdam in a day, through roadworks and getting lost. That was only six hundred miles and in a Jaguar, the straight line I drew today would require some long distances on our very open and uncomfortable vehicles.

Along that straight line I will be adding our goals and points of interest. It's only completed up to the border between Kazakstan and Russia but that's enough for me to think about at the moment.

The thought occurred to me that we are going to be very short on space to carry equipment. Also, until I lose some weight Bill may be carrying the lions share of the kit as he a damn site lighter than I am. We're kitting ourselves out now and will be carrying out a few days shakedown sometime after we return from Greece.

View Cub90 Challenge in a larger map



No comments:

Post a Comment