Thursday 20 September 2012

Lib-Dems, an apology

Today, Nick Clegg apologised for failing to deliver on the party manifesto promise to reduce University tuition fees. So what. Not only are they lucky to have any power at all, they are equally fortunate to have policies included in the current parliamentary mandate (I have no idea what that means). For a party who had aspirations but no realistic hope to achieve a position of power, they were free to include any popular buzzwords or issues in their manifesto without any real chance of hoping to deliver. My title, 'Lib-Dems an apology' is really intended to sum up what they are, an apology.

Anyway, stuff politics. I understand how important and influential the subject may be, but, in as much as I can be bothered, it annoys and infuriates me. The apparent idiots that inhabit the Westminister benches are so out of touch with the real world that anyone with the aspiration to politics should be precluded form entering into the same. I actually found myself, once more, shouting at the radio when Cleggy was on. I am turning into my dad!!

It's been over a week since I posted on my blog and was pleasantly surprised to see that my post on Judge Dredd has been well received, although it is a load of bollocks (the post not the film). This made me realise that blogging, and the attention to an individuals blogging activities, are so arbitrary it is impossible to pre-empt which subject will be more popular than another. With this in mind I have decided to continue my eclectic approach to subject matter and hope that my rants and observations strike a chord with, at least, a few people.

I received the contract from the World Food Championship yesterday to officially sign up for my judging position. Once more I find myself in a position that I wished for but never thought that I would achieve. The planning and organisation for the Vegas trip is done and dusted but I have overlooked any  plans for the Bekescsaba sausage, wine and palinka festival in Hungary a week before I leave for the U.S. Emma will be accompanying me for this and the organisers are expecting me so I better get my arse of the deck and sort this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment