Sunday 9 October 2011

Busy weekend and the Kwikfit diet.

Friday night at Solent Breezes, nothing different there, a few pints and then to bed. Saturday saw dad arrive just after eight after a fairly uneventful drive and ferry crossing. Saturday night was a rare opportunity for Emma and I to spend some time together. A wonderful meal at Gunwharf Quays at the great Italian restaurant Strada, lamb and anchovy really worked, then on to Tigetr Tiger for the Jongleurs comedy club. Three comedians and a magician, the compere was quick witted and pretty good at engaging the crowd, he warmed us up well and introduced the first act, Andrew Murrell, easily forgotten, a few titters but little more. I had attracted the attention of the staff as I kept using the quiet 'staff only' area to call Bill. His moped had broken down, again, and he was pretty upset, I accepted my admonishment and focussed back on the show. Following the opening act Rhodri Rhys, the compere, struggled to get us worked back up to a point sufficient to introduce the second act, I can't remember the magicians name but he was pretty good and his banter worked and kept the crowd in fine spirits. After the break the final act, Rick Right was introduced and proved to be the best of the night, cheers Rick!

Quiet day today, back at the caravan site to get dad settled. Half a bottle of Woods' rum and a fantastic Sunday roast (thanks Emsy) later he was very settled. Starting to plan 'The sausage trail' book now I have the basic itinerary scoped out. Have decided on a basic chronological approach with the fixed dates of the selected sausage festivals as a guide, the only exception to this is a trip to Munich which will see Emma and I sample the wurst the city has to offer (did you see what I did there?). I have linked my calendar to the blog so anyone interested, and at the moment there is no evidence that there is such an individual or individuals, can witness as the adventure unfolds.

The kwikfit diet? Two tyres later and I'm 230 pounds lighter, funny? No, not really. Never mind I have some decent stuff prepared for my gigs in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment