Monday 10 October 2011

Sausage motivation

As Alan Partridge would say; 'I love a sausage, but not in that way!'

What a genius.

With the Shetland trip on the horizon a certain degree of internet research has taken place. I love the internet, if there is no answer then a clue is supplied. I was initially disappointed at the response from my host at Kalfordhame B & B in Western Mainland. He was English and seemed a little bemused at my aim to chase sausages. Thinking about it I really hope I gave the right impression.

I get the idea that the Shetland Islands are a place to experience rather than judge by research. In my search for sausage experience I really anticipate the Shetland experience. Lorne sausage, a flat mixture of beef and pork, was my initial aim but I now understand that the Shetland sausage spectrum is far more widespread.

Reestit mutton is a long enduring tradition in the islands and, thankfully, after a decline is enjoying a well deserved resurgence. The main focus of my trip, however, will be the search for 'Saucermeat', a Scottish intitution. I honestly feel quite excited about this, Sad? I accept that, but in the environs and surroundings of the Shetland Islands I will feel so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment