Wednesday 3 July 2013

A few observations

Driving home a couple of days ago I passed an old man I've known for some time, he is commonly seen in his dressing gown, in the morning, leaning on his front garden gate smoking and watching the world go by. He's done this for years, yet, when I saw him the other day things were somewhat different. He was leaning on the garden gate and he WAS watching the world walk by. The subtle difference was that he was wearing an oxygen mask. I slowed the car to make sure he was alright, as I passed he removed his mask to take a drag of his fag before replacing the mask....

Fast forward, a good day, well sort of, another demo and probably the most important so far as this was the final demo prior to our 'Go Live' deadline on 14th July. It didn't go that well to be honest but we are closer to the complete package. Arrived home late and hungry. After a brief visit to ASDA, where I did something that I haven't done since the bad days before contracting; I replaced an item because I didn't have enough money.

I caught up with a few emails before looking for some food in our rather underused freezer. Joy! I found a box of sandwich steak slices awaiting my attention. Nice bread and butter with a touch of peri-peri salt and I was ready for some food, I checked the sell by date...shit...July 2012...in the bin. After further checking the freezer, I discarded a number of packages including; fish fingers (Aug 2011), chicken fingers (Sep 2012) and mini chicken kievs (Apr 2012). Indeed after checking the remainder of the available food revealed that all I had to choose from and that was in date consisted of; spinach, cabbage and a small bag of chopped chillies...arse!

No comments:

Post a Comment