Monday 22 July 2013

A rude awakening for the older boys...

Not a long day if we measured it in hours, but, if measured in emotional and mental mileage it was a long road indeed. A reasonable start this morning in that I was up and doing before 0900. I gave Emma a lift to the office so that she could crack on and finish the first of many editing assignments, they are queueing up and paying on an increasing basis, yay!

I had to iron some trolleys and a shirt for the meeting later in the day so I spent some time at home, Will and Kirtsy were up and preparing for a full working day but no sign of Sam at all. The pre-arranged deal was that both boys would be at the office for 1200 to discuss the meeting with the franchise representative. I left Sam in bed to see if he could motivate himself.

I returned to the office and waited. They were late but they did turn up and did have a really constructive discussion on the right subjects.

I then spent a little while re-establishing contact with some old buddies who are in the right place to help us out with Cerberus then we were off to the franchise meeting.

No boring accounts, but, I will say that for the boys it will see an income and a real plan for the next five years at least. I need to continue with my approach for Cerberus, as well as help Sam with his business plan, sell Dad's house and figure out a way to invent the high-tech replacement for the BLT, busy for while.

Discussion still to finish but I think that if Sam and Will can achieve the funding necessary to retail the franchise then they will be successful.

Passing some knowledge onto Sam will hopefully allow the franchise to proceed without too much impact on Cerberus.

The picture today is an Afghan man cycling whilst giving a goat a piggy-back:



No comments:

Post a Comment