Monday 1 July 2013

I don't often ask for help but I am today.

In 2008, Theresa West, Kirsty Parkhill's mother, was diagnosed with AML (Acute Myeloid Leukaemia) and after two months in hospital, devastatingly, passed away. Her daughter determined to make her mum proud and to raise as much money for a charity that works to relieve the suffering of those diagnosed with blood cancers and their families, recently decided to take action.

This beautiful young lady decided that she would shave her head and raise money for Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research.


(Kirsty and Will about ten minutes before the shaving) 

I was somewhat apprehensive and more than a little flattered when she, shyly, asked me last night to take my fastest clippers and perform the task at some point today. For an extremely attractive 16 year old young lady, I felt that this was a massive statement and one which was not taken lightly in these days of promoted vanity and media induced conformity.

Will and Kirsty dropped by the office at lunch-time when Charlotte and I, reluctantly set to work. I must admit that I was somewhat reticent about the task and allowed my wife to take the initial steps with the scissors before wading in with the clippers.


Kirsty took it well and minutes later was sheared good and proper, bless.


I feel that for such a brave gesture from such a brave young lady the credit and acclaim that, is well deserved is rewarded with our generosity.

As such, I ask for all that waste their time reading my nonsense to please help me out and donate something, no matter small, to this worthwhile cause.


http://www.justgiving.com/kirsty-parkhill

Thank you in advance for your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment