Saturday 29 June 2013

The Apprentice, and, Dragon's Den...an opinion

Today was supposed to be a day off for me; a day before the real work begins tomorrow and one which I hoped would be spent relaxing and catching up with some non-Cerberus related stuff. Unfortunately, I decided that I would give TV, in general, another chance and watch a few programmes. I began with exhausting my recorded episodes of Deadliest Catch, when expecting bearded men catching crabs it is difficult to be disappointed, and I wasn't. Then I made the mistake of taking a suggestion from a friend and began watching 'The Apprentice'. First of all I understand the rationale behind the selection of the personalities for the show having worked on a number of reality TV shows. However, in the case of 'The Apprentice' it appears that the selection process involved lack of personality or realism, which would have pre-qualified the entire management from my previous paymasters.

The positive element that I took from this irritating, yet captivating, show is how not to do shit and that any approach to business different to that seen on this show is the correct way forward. In fact any show where individuals rely on winning in order for their business to be successful, and this includes Dragon's Den, should preclude them from ever being considered in the first place. Just an opinion and one which I will proclaim more vociferously if, and when, Cerberus succeeds.

On with the televisual feast.

No comments:

Post a Comment