Monday 17 June 2013

Another day...another MacDonald's breakfast

Rather disappointingly when I stopped off at MacDonald's last Friday, just for a coffee, I was asked if I wanted 'the usual', I din't have the heart to say no. Today was slightly different in that I wasn't asked if wished 'the usual' and in that I did. It brings back memories when I was attempting something similar ten years ago when I became an expert, along with Monsieur Anfrew (typo on purpose, reason later) Briggs, could sniff out the biggest, cheapest and greasiest 'Full English' in the locale. Some of my best memories of this period, around 2002/3 & 4, involve large, thick rashers of bacon and a fried slice, awesome. I must say that my breakfast enjoyment has been shared by Emma, and I have had a great time working with her in the office.

For some reason, when we started off the company mobile phone accounts Briggsy was labelled as Mister Anfrew Briggs, when he rang to complain...well, the conversation went along these lines:

Vodafone: Can you confirm your name please?
Briggsy: Mister Andrew Briggs
Vodafone: We have you down as Mister Anfrew Briggs
Briggsy: Who have you ever heard of called Anfrew?
Vodafone: Just you mister Briggs.

Always loved the common sense of the call centre. (That actually happened)

A shift in approach again today as the goalposts have well and truly been moved by our main supplier. When I say moved I do in fact mean shipped off to two completely unrelated localities on a global basis, and by goalposts I mean a large bowl of jelly and a small fish. Never the less another forced shift in our approach has led to steps both forward and backwards. A company discussion is required as the landscape is now food, well for me anyway and an income for a fledgling company in order to achieve an operating profit.

Off to Hungerfordshire tomorrow to discuss matters with Chris, and hopefully a further meeting afterwards to better understand where we have been going wrong.

The new approach is  WiFi offering for events and festivals, already results are appearing.

Time for ribs.

1 comment:

  1. Maccy's breakfast before you see Glen tomorrow morning? I'll be in the office early, specially!

    ReplyDelete