Saturday 1 June 2013

The reason for no further blogs from South Africa

I managed to get the first blog out from Johannesburg but then, on the morning of day 2 I received a rather situation changing telephone call. My on-going contract with Astrium had been terminated, at the end of the week, in three days time. No explanation, no notice period no remorse and certainly no real sympathy. This came in the middle of a rather important meeting and skewed my mind somewhat. I rang my line manager back on-site and received a rather embarrassing, stumbling apology with no real substance or, indeed, sense. The spineless buffoon has ignored the employment situation since he took the job a year or so ago.

I realise now how it is easy to descend into a bitter diatribe towards those who have wronged us but not today, not for me.

Thankfully my exit strategy, the new business that offers communications from any remote location is almost at the point where it could, potentially, support at least one full-time member of staff. I would have preferred another two weeks at least with the safety net of an additional contract but Roger and the monkeys have now made my way forward clear.

With this in mind I have decided to ratchet up the whole approach and to give it a go.

I have a week, or more precisely six days within which I have to secure sufficient business to prevent a catastrophe. I will keep a record of the proceedings in this blog, it may end up as 'car-crash' blogging but alternatively it may be more positive than that.

Planning the next few days has taken some time today and will be completed tomorrow.

I have a lot of balls to throw at a great many coconuts, let's hope I win a fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment