Sunday 23 June 2013

Having time to waste time

After a good week another looms with the potential to go either way, beginning with a rather important meeting tomorrow afternoon at Blackfriars with our primary supplier which will shape our future in the most definitive of ways.

The latest Star Wars film has issued casting calls for major roles which means the production is about to ramp up, would love to get some of the action supplying the comms for the on=location elements, I guess we can all dream ;-)

I've been thinking about alternatives to my current situation, as in; if I had accepted the situation as I had lost my job as opposed to merely, 'shit my company has no contract', then I know that my attitude would be completely different. Granted, the effect is the same, no money coming in; from a contract or an employer it makes little difference when it isn't there. At my age, blimey, I never thought I'd ever admit that I was getting on a bit, the prospect of re-employemnt is slim to none, especially if there's an element of re-training involved. Not to worry, I'm not looking (not at the moment anyway) to do either go for a permanent position nor re-train.

I have found myself wondering if I had actually lost my job, in a permanent position type of way, and had accepted the lot of a career. Weatherspoon's is full of such, often a ten thirty, for a breakfast pint or three, followed by a few more, at some manky pub near a bus or train station. My point is that it is easy to despair and lose heart when things don't go your way. Endless mornings of daytime television, documentaries and repeats of Only Fools and Horses are motivation enough to get up and do something, anything!

I have also realised that until three weeks ago I have not been in a position to really understand the implications of running your company or indeed how much effort and time is required to break through into an area of operating profit. Pursuing the goals of Cerberus when earning from another contract is an ideal situation but it's not until there is no alternative but to go forward that any real progress, in a short time, can really be made. Desperation provides focus and focus yields results, now there is no time to waste any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment