Wednesday 5 June 2013

Wednesday...am I failing miserably and deluding myself?

Sorry, a negative heading generally draws people in. Feel guilty if that applies to you ;-)

A good day today after a rather wasteful start. Let me explain.

I saw the way forward, for us, and the real means to get the income flowing, as either production support or disaster recovery solutions. Now, both are equally viable and boring solutions but not
immediately likely to help. As mentioned yesterday, to a certain extent, the production world is so far up its own arse that they generally believe that the level of service they require exceeds that of the blokes fighting for us in Afghanistan and similar. I have very little time for that and as such stopped talking to them.

The other, disaster recovery, saw me sending a emails to every race course in the Uk and beginning to follow them up by phone. This took all morning and the end result was a contact with a lady who runs the ATM machine in Great Yarmouth, on race days only. I realised that the whole approach should be based on return against effort and they way it seemed to be proceeding I was taking a whole day to secure a £50/month contract, not too great. I decided to go back to what I know, the original idea, video contribution over cost effective means. Within ten minutes I had interest, a possible booking. £1000/day over £50/month? Which way to go?

I was bad today though. I let the negativity get the better of me and coerced Emma to accompany me to the pub at lunch for a quick couple glasses of wine, large ones. That's half a litre of wine each...Never again, I found it very difficult to focus. Fridays only I promise.

Nothing on the sad retained, contract job front yet but fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment