Monday 3 June 2013

Monday

Having a safety net, a means of an income without the need to tax yourself or indeed try at all, is not fully appreciated until you are walking on the high wire without one Today proved to me how truly unprepared I was, am, to begin trading in earnest. Until today I feel that I have been playing at business, going through the motions without amy real consequence, without any real need to succeed. I realised today that I am woefully prepared to begin pushing our identified products and services.

The plan today was to throw together a couple of product sheets, sufficient, I thought, to get the show on the road. From this elevated position it would just be  case of making calls and sending out the relevant information. In addition to this I aimed to make a start on the documentation required to progress the South African opportunities. How wrong I was. In the background I was applying for short term contract jobs to tide me over, this also took time.

I sit here attempting to get a plan together for tomorrow. I have the product sheets finished, it was after four when I reached this point. I made the essential calls and began writing some of the stuff for SA but I feel that I have barely made a dent in what I need to do. I haven't even looked at drumming up new business. I need to get a list of calls I need to make tomorrow so I can make those before leaving for a meeting with UKTI at 1330.

Shit man, I'm so close and have put everything into this, I just hope that I have the energy and drive to see it through.

1 comment:

  1. You have the drive and the dedication, but time, I know is against us. Keep going, John.

    ReplyDelete