Friday 28 June 2013

Hope, false or otherwise, but hope never the less.

Truth be told, I was ready to throw in the towel this week, which was evident in the way I have continued to dress down through the week. I do realise that the way you prepare for a working day including the way you dress, breakfast and conduct your time has a direct bearing on confidence and hence results.

There are those who would feel superstitious about revealing potentially positive opportunities before they are confirmed and concrete. I, on the other hand, prefer to remain mindlessly optimistic about this and will always hold to the hope that if I maintain this approach, then one day, all will come good and, in the words of Bob Marley (as well as Edstanator) 'every little thing's, gonna be alright'.

Anyway, getting to the point, a number of things happened today that have prevented my towel throwing activities as well as backing the Hilux into the house and attaching a pipe to the exhaust. Firstly, Chris, my partner, shit better rephrase that as I've said it far too many times. Chris, my BUSINESS partner, finally released the idiot monkeys on Skynet to apply himself 100% to our cause. In fact, on that note I would like to state, once again, that the level of management and general business and (lack of) commercial approach taken by Astrium 3S, or Paradigm, or Government Communications, or whatever they wish to muddy the waters with a name change today, is beyond anything pathetic I have ever experienced.

A quick paragraph on that. If there are any corporate entities reading this, which is, hopefully doubtful, then, for heavens sake; never, ever, consider using the inept, arrogant, dinosaur structure offered by the clowns at Anchorage Road, Portsmouth. The amalgamation and downsize by Astrium 3S and Paradigm is a result of incompetence, lack of commercial knowledge and above all a slow slide, through arrogance, to a comedy nothingness that gives me confidence and hope. Cheers muppets.

Back to the hope. With Chris onboard 100% I can now move forward with a reasonable marketing and sales plan. Then, as I was expecting a visit from my partner, shit I did it again, the phone rang. It was the bank, well my bank anyway. It appears that I have been using my overdraft inefficiently and as such have an 8K option to extend and move forward. This fills a hole and allows me and Charlotte to resurrect the company and push forward. Secondly, our first gig for the London 10k road-race has been, eventually confirmed. I have an interview for a contract next week and Eddy came third at his sports day race.

There are probably a few more positive things to report but it's time to celebrate the basic happiness.

Can I ask a favour to you all? If you do take the time to read please like on FaceBook or please otherwise let me know. I know that there are a great deal of my friends and family who do take the time to read and it does help me and gives me the means to continue.

Thanks all.

No comments:

Post a Comment