Tuesday 25 June 2013

Show us your hatch rash...and some slightly good news.

It struck me today, and not for the first time, that those who bang on about their time in the forces are generally those who have little else in their lives, or at least no alternative achievements to brag about. Don't get me wrong, I do respect and admire all of those who have given their time, blood and in most instances youth and freedom for a purpose and behind that a belief. To dedicate yourself to something takes heart, even if that purpose is not what others see as a just cause it takes character to do so and more to stay on that path. If you remove all arguments of whether particular conflicts are right or wrong, learning a place in a highly structured team environment teaches reliance and self discipline and that is priceless. Shit, listen to me ramble.

In the time I spent working with both Paradigm and Astrium I encountered many, many ex-Royal Navy    personnel. I was often embarrassed by a few, usually those who had risen to the dizzy heights of chief or fleet chief (un-capitalised on purpose) and had only ever had one job other than their current one. The title question is enough, no hatch rash, no real sea-time. I know I am a short timer and all that bollocks but my hatch rash is epic ;-)

A great day at Cerberus today, still no income but the Asda 'whoops' section is always attractive and helpful. Following our new, helpful and lucrative agreement with our primary suppliers we can now offer a Pay As You Go arrangement for those who need it and, I believe, that we are the first on the market to offer this particular service.

The good news, apart from the fact that I don't have to watch daytime TV, is that when I bought my trendy new trousers from Asda I had to downsize to a 38 inch waist. OK, as my doctor says, 'Meester Gledson, you obese' (she's Polish I think), but considering that I was up to a 44 inch waist four years ago that's good news. I only need to lose another eight stone and I'll fit in with my mates down the bus station.

No comments:

Post a Comment